Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Lots of work being done

Thanks to the help of Laxmi and Premalatha the dental work on everybody at REACH is almost done.  We also have arranged for all the children to get eye exams. Several of them need glasses and they get to pick out whatever pair they want.  We are waiting for the estimates to get the bus fixed and to repair the pipes at the girls home.

On Monday after school, several of the girls were teaching me Telugu. One girl named Anuja knows English very well,  She taught me to write my name in Telugu and how to say the vowels and consonants.  It was fun to learn.  I need to have her write down the "This is the Day" song for me.

Yesterday we went to the leper colony, but I mostly stayed in the car because shortly after we got there I started not feeling well.  I was sick all day yesterday and this morning, but now I am starting to feel better.

Tonight will be the celebration when we dress up in the saris Kusuma got for us.  We have to pack all our things tonight so Kusuma can take them with her when she leaves early tomorrow morning.  We will leave tomorrow on the 11:30 pm train.  The plan is to sleep on the train, then shop in Hyderabad on Friday.  On Saturday morning we leave to return home.

The time has gone by so quickly, but we have done so many good things here.

God Bless,
Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment